- Work in a natural history museum
- Lived in a foreign country (Iceland)
- I was profiled as an American kid on Icelandic television!
- Sailed up and down the west coast of the US and Mexico in my sailboat
- Saw a humpback whale breach less than 500 feet from my boat!
- Weathered some pretty impressive storms with freaking big waves
- Expanded my "horizons" by living all over the US - I've seen sunrises emerging from the Atlantic and sunsets retreating into the Pacific
- Held wild birds in my hand (mist-netted for a MAPS assessment)
- Experienced one of the world's global hotspots for diversity looking for salamanders in the southern Appalachain mountains
- Qualified for the Boston marathon
- Been somewhat competitive as an age-group triathlete
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
I'm feeling a little contemplative today, maybe because it's my birthday. I wonder if I've been good at seizing each moment and living life to the fullest...all that. I think I've done pretty well - I can make a list of some really cool things I've been fortunate enough to do: